It's interesting that one of the reasons we are so dependent upon fossil fuels is that we structure our cities and towns so that in many places you HAVE to drive to get anything and yet I have seen NO references at all in supposed environment "solutions" to re-formulating our infrastructure so that driving is at least less necessary. That's because, as happens to ALL movements, the environmental movement is co-opted by anti-corporate interests.
I think it's hilarious that the underlying thesis of environmentalists is that is our right to drive and that it's car companies and oil companies who are responsible for environmental damages. Guess what? They don't drive your car!
Once upon a time we decided to go to the moon and we did it. Now we need to use technology to help us repair the ozone layer. This is a project that can unite the entire planet.
With his massive personal carbon footprint, Al Gore is the Head Hypo!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.