The most innovative Sunday of the year
On May 20, The New York Times Magazine is sponsoring the 2nd annual "Sunday with the Magazine" event, which will feature conversations with leading innovators and thinkers in fields such as politics, business, fashion, design, food, technology and entertainment. The slate of speakers is still being filled, so until then, the New York Times is asking that you sign up for a series of free e-mail updates about the event. (The two lead sponsors for the event are Design With Reach and the American Chemistry Council, so methinks that the event will be heavy on designers and scientists). Sounds cool - but this being New York, the event will likely be over-booked, over-priced and over-hyped.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.