Organizations lagging behind when it comes to permanent innovation
Langdon Morris, author of the book Permanent Innovation, has just posted the latest results of an online survey on innovation that was conducted by Innovation Labs during November and December. Below, Langdon lists some of the key takeaway lessons from the survey:
(1) Respondents feel that there's lots of room for improvement in the innovation work of their companies;
(2) Measurement of innovation is lagging, as there is a decided lack of effective measurement going on;
(3) Respondents felt that a stronger link is needed between innovation and strategy.
(4) There is a persistent need for better handling of risk. Most feel that their organizations aren't taking enough risk.
Many governments do not report, or misreport, the numbers of refugees who enter their country.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
Bernie Sanders reveals an even bigger plan than Elizabeth Warren, but does it go too far?
- Bernie Sanders has released a plan to forgive all the student debt in the country.
- It is even larger than the plan Elizabeth Warren put forward two months ago.
- The plan has drawn criticism for forgiving the debt of both the poor and those well off enough to pay their own debt.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.