Organizations lagging behind when it comes to permanent innovation
Langdon Morris, author of the book Permanent Innovation, has just posted the latest results of an online survey on innovation that was conducted by Innovation Labs during November and December. Below, Langdon lists some of the key takeaway lessons from the survey:
(1) Respondents feel that there's lots of room for improvement in the innovation work of their companies;
(2) Measurement of innovation is lagging, as there is a decided lack of effective measurement going on;
(3) Respondents felt that a stronger link is needed between innovation and strategy.
(4) There is a persistent need for better handling of risk. Most feel that their organizations aren't taking enough risk.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.