The Power of Honest Reflection
The summer is in full swing. School leaders around the country had big plans for this summer. Many walked into June saying, "This is the summer that I will do X for my school."
How is that working out?
Ok, so many of us had big hopes and dreams for the summer but those may be faltering or falling short of expectations. However here is an activity for school leaders that requires only conscious daydreaming and honest reflection.
Step 1: Take a hard look at your school.
Step 2: Take a real hard look at your school. Be brutally honest with yourself about what is working, what needs improved, and what needs thrown out.
Step 3: Look at how technology is being used in your school by administrators, teachers, and students. Is your staff using technology just to use shiny tools or is your staff using technology to rock the educational experience of your students. Again...be brutally honest.
Step 4: Daydream a little...what would the ideal situation look like? What does great technology integration look like for your school with its unique needs and all its quirks?
Step 5: Daydream some more...how can you move your school from good to great?
Honest, heartfelt, and brutal reflection can really propel a school into greatness.
Dream on school leaders!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Though computer engineers claim to know what human consciousness is, many neuroscientists say that we're nowhere close to understanding what it is, or its source.
- Scientists are currently trying to upload human minds to silicon chips, or re-create consciousness with algorithms, but this may be hubristic because we still know so little about what it means to be human.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.