Don't invest in Chalk!
Did the Stone age end when we ran out of stone?
Maybe not, but in looking at the pace of change in our education system, we may need to ban chalk!
Think about it, each of 'The Three Ages' (Stone Age; the Bronze Age; the Iron age) were each represented by materials.
In education, our history in tools:
The Slate and Chalk Age (mid 1800's - present)
The Paper and Pen Era (1900's to present)
and the Internet and Keyboard Period (2000's to present)
But we're still tied to both chalk/chalkboards; and paper/pen as tools! School 2.0 may one day arrive, harnessing the power of global networking with today's multimedia tools... But we may first have to "Ban Chalk!" (with paper and pens to follow shortly thereafter) in order to get educators to use the tools of the present!
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.