Don't invest in Chalk!
Did the Stone age end when we ran out of stone?
Maybe not, but in looking at the pace of change in our education system, we may need to ban chalk!
Think about it, each of 'The Three Ages' (Stone Age; the Bronze Age; the Iron age) were each represented by materials.
In education, our history in tools:
The Slate and Chalk Age (mid 1800's - present)
The Paper and Pen Era (1900's to present)
and the Internet and Keyboard Period (2000's to present)
But we're still tied to both chalk/chalkboards; and paper/pen as tools! School 2.0 may one day arrive, harnessing the power of global networking with today's multimedia tools... But we may first have to "Ban Chalk!" (with paper and pens to follow shortly thereafter) in order to get educators to use the tools of the present!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.