Don't invest in Chalk!
Did the Stone age end when we ran out of stone?
Maybe not, but in looking at the pace of change in our education system, we may need to ban chalk!
Think about it, each of 'The Three Ages' (Stone Age; the Bronze Age; the Iron age) were each represented by materials.
In education, our history in tools:
The Slate and Chalk Age (mid 1800's - present)
The Paper and Pen Era (1900's to present)
and the Internet and Keyboard Period (2000's to present)
But we're still tied to both chalk/chalkboards; and paper/pen as tools! School 2.0 may one day arrive, harnessing the power of global networking with today's multimedia tools... But we may first have to "Ban Chalk!" (with paper and pens to follow shortly thereafter) in order to get educators to use the tools of the present!
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.