Doing, not being?
Rather than wishing to be classified as an identity, a culture, a race, a sexual type, or a background, I prefer to be identified only by my name ("Johnny") and what I do (teaching, writing, and all sorts of things).
What do you feel about this? Is it possible for people to honor my understanding and not identify me based on my appearance or assumptions about me? Can I not be a citizen of the world as a whole and not a narrow part of the world? Why must I limit myself sexually to only one sex, one gender, one expression?
How do I tackle the ridiculousness of data forms that give me only a few choices?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.