Doing More with LESS - A Call to Architects and Engineers
Global think has adopted the term SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT. Architects and engineers through their university education and early professional experience in the past fifty years have been introduced to titanic projects with unlimited budgets - undersea transportation tunnels linking countries, space travel and cruise ships. Yet, global problems of clean air, safe drinking water, affordable shelter and manageable food distribution remain addressed with band aid budgets and poor co-operation of Nations. The challenge of architecture and engineering academia and the future AE thinkers is to go back to their roots! Look for design solutions to the BIG challenges faced by humanity - food, air, water and shelter. The BIG IDEAS are out there in minds who know the World does not have unlimited resources and all humanity should be afforded an opportunity to enjoy their existence on the planet. Politicians should be interested in your ideas, so speak up...
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.