Does love exist?
Does love truly exist or can all claims of "love" be explained by chemicals and complacency? Is love, as an idealized concept, dead? Is it just a combination of hormones urging you to reproduce and the letting go of what you thought you wanted in exchange for what you can get.
I'm a love-nostic. I believe in the possibility of an all-powerful entity existing btwn two people and linking them in an incomprehensible way. I've never seen or felt anything that can't be explained, as I said before, by chemicals and complacency. But i believe in the possibility of being proved wrong. What do you all believe?
It marks another milestone in SpaceX's long-standing effort to make spaceflight cheaper.
- SpaceX launched Falcon Heavy into space early Tuesday morning.
- A part of its nosecone – known as a fairing – descended back to Earth using special parachutes.
- A net-outfitted boat in the Atlantic Ocean successfully caught the reusable fairing, likely saving the company millions of dollars.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
The world's richest people could breeze through a climate disaster – for a price.
- A new report from a United Nation expert warns that an over-reliance on the private sector to mitigate climate change could cause a "climate apartheid."
- The report criticizes several countries, including the U.S., for taking "short-sighted steps in the wrong direction."
- The world's poorest populations are most vulnerable to climate change even though they generally contribute the least to global emissions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.