In an election year in America, the question of faith always comes up and the candidates fall in Judeo/Xtian line. While I won't hold my breath for an atheist Pres, does God have a place at the oval office? When Falwells Divinity University is providing large numbers of legal interns to the Bush administrations staff, will they put an end-time spin on future policy? will they grow up to be your future high court Judges? Holy conspiracy Batman! When George Bush prayed for guidance before committing the military to Iraq, what was the reply from the heavens? we assume his sky god said 'good to go Dubya'.. over 4000 US soldiers dead now, and maybe half a million Iraqi people. Nice guys.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.