Does canada need fundamental changes made to its political process?
Over 62% of canadians in the last election voted for parties with similar platforms (NDP, Liberal, Green Party and the Bloc) in respect to the economy, taxes, the enviroment and government spending. However because one party could not capitalize on these simularities enough to win the election we have ended up with a conservative minority government. The possibility of a coalition government has been the oppositions solution to this "problem" but it is a much harder sell to canadians then the electoral process we have growen accustomed to. My question is, do you think that a two party political system would work better in canada given the position we are in now or is it the induvidual parties fault for failing to evoke enough support to elect them into office?
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- There are 2 different approaches to governing free speech on college campuses.
- One is a morality/order approach. The other is a bottom-up approach.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright says there are many benefits to having no one central authority on what is appropriate speech.
America continues to tread water in healthcare and education while other countries have enacted reforms to great effect.
- The American healthcare and education systems are known to need some work, but a new study suggests we've fallen far in comparison to the rest of the world.
- The findings show what progress, if any, 195 countries have made over the last twenty years
- The study suggests that economic growth is tied to human capital, which gives a dire view of America's economic prospects.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.