Do you think Marihuana should be legalized particulariliy in Canada?
Debate about whether an illegal psychohallucgenic drug could actually be legalized, the advantages and disadvantages.
First of all I just must clarify that I am a Criminal Justice student and I have already made a decision on this issue. I want to breifly outline the positives and negatives regarding this issue. I feel the upsides could be safer pertaining to drug use. Since it would be grown and controled by the government then likely safer doses could be implemented. On the downside I feel making it legal would make youth consider it not seriously and just do it because they could like alcohol. In Canada it is very much part of our culture and with the decriminalization of small amounts of Marihuana I feel its clear we are leniant enough. In retrospect I once beleived that it should be legalized. The fact of the matter is that people who wish to use this drug will seek it out no matter if its illegal or not. The culture of drugs is that they are always available with a price and the association of certain people. The government in Canada does consider Marihuana serious drug, although our culture would defy that. Studying drugs in my corrections class I have found that the controlled drugs and substances act refers to Cannibis as a class 2 drug which indicates that the growing and intent to traffic can be dangerous conduct. Statistics suggest that when one drug is present, even more harmful drugs inlcuding weapons can also be present. This is not to say everyone illegally growing the plants are terrorists but in alot of cases in goes hand in hand. This could be a defence and why the government should regulate and grow it. There is lots of room for debate, right now Im just considering information I have been exposed to off the top of my head. I will be doing more research over october and see what I can add. Pleese feel free to write any comments or thoughts, it will help me conclude my paper and have more of a objective opinion on this matter.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
For Damien Echols, tattoos are part of his existential armor.
- In prison Damien Echols was known by his number SK931, not his name, and had his hair sheared off. Stripped of his identity, the only thing he had left was his skin.
- This is why he began tattooing things that are meaningful to him — to carry a "suit of armor" made up the images of the people and things that have significance to him, from his friends to talismans.
- Echols believes that all places are imbued with divinity: "If you interact with New York City as if there's an intelligence behind... then it will behave towards you the same way.".
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.