Do you think Marihuana should be legalized particulariliy in Canada?
Debate about whether an illegal psychohallucgenic drug could actually be legalized, the advantages and disadvantages.
First of all I just must clarify that I am a Criminal Justice student and I have already made a decision on this issue. I want to breifly outline the positives and negatives regarding this issue. I feel the upsides could be safer pertaining to drug use. Since it would be grown and controled by the government then likely safer doses could be implemented. On the downside I feel making it legal would make youth consider it not seriously and just do it because they could like alcohol. In Canada it is very much part of our culture and with the decriminalization of small amounts of Marihuana I feel its clear we are leniant enough. In retrospect I once beleived that it should be legalized. The fact of the matter is that people who wish to use this drug will seek it out no matter if its illegal or not. The culture of drugs is that they are always available with a price and the association of certain people. The government in Canada does consider Marihuana serious drug, although our culture would defy that. Studying drugs in my corrections class I have found that the controlled drugs and substances act refers to Cannibis as a class 2 drug which indicates that the growing and intent to traffic can be dangerous conduct. Statistics suggest that when one drug is present, even more harmful drugs inlcuding weapons can also be present. This is not to say everyone illegally growing the plants are terrorists but in alot of cases in goes hand in hand. This could be a defence and why the government should regulate and grow it. There is lots of room for debate, right now Im just considering information I have been exposed to off the top of my head. I will be doing more research over october and see what I can add. Pleese feel free to write any comments or thoughts, it will help me conclude my paper and have more of a objective opinion on this matter.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.