Do our THOUGHTS really create our REALITY?
James, interesting idea put forth. Seems unprobable, yet has definite merit if it could ever be made a reality.
"The Secret" is a well-marketed attempt at encouraging positive thought and supporting individuals to discover personal empowerment. Obviously, if it or anything like it was as impactful as suggested, we would be be rapidily seeing the state of the world improve in ways not to be guessed at. With the untold millions of books, DVD's and networking campaigns, why aren't we hearing a high ratio of absolute success?
The Secret Marketing campaign ~ The movie was advertised on the Internet using tease advertising and viral marketing techniques in which The Secret and the specific details of the film were not revealed. Additionally, Prime Time Productions grants written permission to individuals or companies, via application at the official site, to provide free screenings of the film to public audiences. Optionally, the DVD may be sold at these screenings.
Aggressive marketing ~ While continuing to speak highly of the film, Esther Hicks (presented as "secret teacher" in the first edition of the film) goes on to say "Jerry and I were uncomfortable with what felt to us like a rather aggressive marketing campaign (just not our style, nothing wrong with it)... allowing them to edit us out was the path of least resistance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret
What the Secret gets right, is it is the individual who has to make choices about "how to think about and live their life." This is what it will take for your idea to come into being. You would have to go forward and make this happen, attract other's to agree and keep the the core idea pure.
Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.