Do our THOUGHTS really create our REALITY?
James, interesting idea put forth. Seems unprobable, yet has definite merit if it could ever be made a reality.
"The Secret" is a well-marketed attempt at encouraging positive thought and supporting individuals to discover personal empowerment. Obviously, if it or anything like it was as impactful as suggested, we would be be rapidily seeing the state of the world improve in ways not to be guessed at. With the untold millions of books, DVD's and networking campaigns, why aren't we hearing a high ratio of absolute success?
The Secret Marketing campaign ~ The movie was advertised on the Internet using tease advertising and viral marketing techniques in which The Secret and the specific details of the film were not revealed. Additionally, Prime Time Productions grants written permission to individuals or companies, via application at the official site, to provide free screenings of the film to public audiences. Optionally, the DVD may be sold at these screenings.
Aggressive marketing ~ While continuing to speak highly of the film, Esther Hicks (presented as "secret teacher" in the first edition of the film) goes on to say "Jerry and I were uncomfortable with what felt to us like a rather aggressive marketing campaign (just not our style, nothing wrong with it)... allowing them to edit us out was the path of least resistance." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret
What the Secret gets right, is it is the individual who has to make choices about "how to think about and live their life." This is what it will take for your idea to come into being. You would have to go forward and make this happen, attract other's to agree and keep the the core idea pure.
Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why 2005-2008 ©
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.