Discipline In Light of Philippians 2:12-13
Over the past year I have struggled through an attempt at becoming a more disciplined man. Paul tells us that we are to work out our own salvation through fear and trembling. However, he follows it up by reminding that it is God who works through us both to will and to act according to His good purpose. This paradox has been difficult for me as I have endeavored to become more disciplined, to work out my faith. I wonder sometimes if this lack of consistent discipline is because I am not working out my salvation hard enough or well enough or if it is because I am getting in God's way. But if I get out of His way, how can I be working out my salvation. This paradox has been frustrating but I have learned that I must find this balance. I must work understanding that it is God who is at work in me. Discipline, as with any other good thing, will come as I meet that balance of striving after becoming more like Him through allowing Him to work in me.
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.