Taking It To the Streets
We used to live in a world where content producers chose the channels of distribution. Now the consumers choose.* That means the producer has to deliver the message over many channels, optimized for each. For those who hate long videos, you make short ones and post them where they visit online. For those who prefer email, let them subscribe. Use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, G+, Pinterest, blogs, Snapchat, to reach your audience whichever way it prefers. Your goal is to effectively deliver you message. You gotta adapt.
*Credit to Kyle Stoneman for that framing.
Image by Jess3
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.