Democrats vs. Republicans
I've been mulling over a question the last few days in thinking about democrats vs. republicans, and which ideal is really best for humankind. In order to do it, I went to the furthest extremes of the two ideals -- Socialism & Anarchy. Socialism being "working together" and Anarchy being "reliance on yourself".
I came to the conclusion that America may just have the best answer to the situation. That being... Just keep arguing about it, and let the back and forth transfer of power between these ideals make sure that we never reach either extreme. Socialism ruins production, and Anarchy makes for zero progress. Stay in the middle and you've got the most healthy balance available to humankind. One where we spend a lot of time fighting about each ideal, but at the same time we have medium strong individualism and medium strong community, and we therefore, at the present time, have progress (albeit slower than it could be) and production (as fast as the worlds ever seen). As it ebbs and flows I'm sure years down the road we'll have great progress and slower production. As long as we keep swinging back and forth, it seems we're doing the best we can.
Just my humble opinion, (I shouldn't ramble, but...) it leads to the opinion that we are way to divisive in this country but it may be a good thing. Here's to wishing that we could be a bit less divisive by recognizing we're not as far as apart as we think we are. ( Which would be possible without blowhards like the turds at Fox, and Clear Channel. ) Whoops there my division sneaking in.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
New research identifies an unexpected source for some of earth's water.
- A lot of Earth's water is asteroidal in origin, but some of it may come from dissolved solar nebula gas.
- Our planet hides majority of its water inside: two oceans in the mantle and 4–5 in the core.
- New reason to suspect that water is abundant throughout the universe.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.