DEAD AQUARIUM Part 1 of 1,000
Part 1 of 1,000
I believe that since the 12 century we have been on a technological march without asking "WHY?". Just 800 years ago if anything went wrong such as sickness,weather or psychology you went to a priest for the answer in scripture. What do we lose for what we gain. Science is the new god and it is failing us now. We are not our higher power..that leads to madness. The more we fertilize and genetic manupulate the more we become vunerable. The great test for the next generation will be the battle for the planet. The Greenhouse Affect will be our WW3. It is not smart to fool with mother nature. Message to pope..THE PLANET IS FULL. The great war is the evolution of the mind. We need to lose our minds and come to our senses. What do I feel? How do I feel? Religion needs to evolve to a spiritual state of connect with all around us. Yoga with western concept of Judao/Christian belief that talk of Love for thy fellow man is the base. You can say all you want about Jesus but he did talk of LOVE. The love you get is equal to the love you make. We need to make less, expect less and want less. This is not about lack of gain but a fulfullment of peace. We still make stuf.. but it is accountable....it is smart and REALLY ECO/GREEN and it will cost more...but it is the REAL cost...The cost of not damaging the eco system. Ever see an aquarium left unmanaged. When it gets out of balance and it dies...it is a DEAD AQUARIUM. Going to space is not the answer. Building Nuclear reactor is just dumping on our children for 20,oo years. We just have to ask the question "What do we gain and what do we lose?" Namaste Palo Luigi
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
- In some fundamental ways, humans haven't changed all that much since the days when we were sitting around communal fires, telling tales.
- Although we don't always recognize them as such, stories, symbols, and rituals still have tremendous, primal power to move us and shape our lives.
- This is no less true in the workplace than it is in our personal lives.
One of Stephen Hawking's predictions seems to have been borne out in a man-made "black hole".
- Stephen Hawking predicted virtual particles splitting in two from the gravitational pull of black holes.
- Black holes, he also said, would eventually evaporate due to the absorption of negatively charged virtual particles.
- A scientist has built a black hole analogue based on sound instead of light.
- The word "creative" is sometimes waved around like a badge of honor. We speak of creativity in hushed tones, as the special province of the "talented". In reality, the creative process is messy, open, and vulnerable.
- For this reason, creativity is often at its best in a group setting like brainstorming. But in order to work, the group creative process needs to be led by someone who understands it.
- This sense of deep trust—that no idea is too silly, that every creative impulse is worth voicing and considering—is essential to producing great work.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.