Open Thread: Complaints and Grievances
So, we've had a couple of days to settle in and kick the tires, and my move to Big Think is now complete.
As I said I'd do earlier, www.daylightatheism.org now redirects to this site. My old site is now an archive, but it's still up and all the permalinks to past posts will continue to work. If you want to see the archive site's front page, go to www.daylightatheism.org/archive. The RSS feed has also been redirected, so if you were subscribed before, you should start seeing articles from the new site in your feed without having to do anything.
If you have any bug reports, complaints or other feedback about the new site (and I know there have been complaints!), please post them here. (Important note: If you're viewing this on the blog's front page and can't figure out where to comment, click on the post title, and it will bring to you a single-post page where you can see the Disqus comments section.) I don't have full control over the layout the way I used to, but I'll bring your feedback to the management, and anything that can reasonably be fixed, I'll try to get fixed.
So far, the number-one complaint is the way that single posts are broken up into pages, which I myself find very annoying. I've already been told that they're working on a change that will allow me to set a single-page viewing option.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.