Daylight Atheism Is Moving to Patheos
Good morning, everyone! It's a fresh new year, and the winds of change are blowing once again.
This is my last post on Big Think. Effective immediately, Daylight Atheism is moving to Patheos. I'm proud to be the newest member of their fine and growing atheist channel, alongside such superlative writers as Hemant Mehta, JT Eberhard and Libby Anne. And yes, I know that Patheos has lots of religious content as well; so much the better! That just ensures I'll have a never-ending source of fodder to write about.
Just as before, daylightatheism.org will soon redirect to the new site, which will be at the following URL:
If you're still subscribed to the RSS feed from the original Daylight Atheism, that will also be redirected automatically. If you subscribed to this site's RSS after my move to Big Think, please update your bookmarks with the feed's new address:
I'd like to thank Big Think for hosting my blog over the past year, and for publishing my first book, which will continue to be available through them. They treated me well, and I'm appreciative of that. But the time has come for me to move on and join a community that's a better fit for my interests and values. Whether you've been a reader all along, or whether you found me here at Big Think, I hope you'll follow me to the new site at Patheos. See you there!
What can 3D printing do for medicine? The "sky is the limit," says Northwell Health researcher Dr. Todd Goldstein.
- Medical professionals are currently using 3D printers to create prosthetics and patient-specific organ models that doctors can use to prepare for surgery.
- Eventually, scientists hope to print patient-specific organs that can be transplanted safely into the human body.
- Northwell Health, New York State's largest health care provider, is pioneering 3D printing in medicine in three key ways.
Beyond Beef sizzles and marbleizes just like real beef, Beyond Meat says.
- Shares of Beyond Meat opened at around $200 on Tuesday morning, falling to nearly $170 by the afternoon.
- Wall Street analysts remain wary of the stock, which has been on a massive hot streak since its IPO in May.
- Beyond Meat faces competition from Impossible Foods and, as of this week, Tyson.
The most valuable college majors will prepare students for a world right out a science fiction novel.
- The future of work is going to require a range of skills learned that take into account cutting edge advancements in technology and science.
- The most valuable college majors in the future will prepare students for new economies and areas of commerce.
- Mathematics, engineering and science related educational majors will become an ubiqitous feature of the new job market.
A recent study used data from the Big Five personality to estimate psychopathy prevalence in the 48 contiguous states and Washington, D.C.
- The study estimated psychopathy prevalence by looking at the prevalence of certain traits in the Big Five model of personality.
- The District of Columbia had the highest prevalence of psychopathy, compared to other areas.
- The authors cautioned that their measurements were indirect, and that psychopathy in general is difficult to define precisely.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.