I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on the white paper that I wrote last year for Microsoft so I thought I would share it as a resource here. I wrote Data-Driven Teachers with the intent of trying to concisely summarize the great work being done on data-driven school reform by folks such as Mike Schmoker, Rick DuFour, Victoria Bernhardt, Douglas Reeves, Rick Stiggins, etc.
Data-Driven Teachers is only ten pages long and utilizes the data-driven change framework that I have used with thousands of educators from across the country. Each section of the paper describes what teachers and principals should be doing for that particular data-driven concept. The last page of the paper is a table from a draft of the Professional Development Framework for Data-Driven School Improvement that I created for the Chicago (IL) Public Schools.
Data-Driven Teachers is a nice introduction to the concepts of data-driven school reform and is a good reminder of some essential activities that often are missing in school organizations. School districts have been using it to quickly ramp up their teachers and administrators conceptually, to give their educators a common framework and language for discussion, and to remind staff of key actions that need to occur as they work to better utilize student learning data to improve instructional and organizational decision-making.
If you find the white paper useful, drop me a comment!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
China's Chang'e 4 biosphere experiment marks a first for humankind.
- China's Chang'e 4 lunar lander touched down on the far side of the moon on January 3.
- In addition to a lunar rover, the lander carried a biosphere experiment that contains five sets of plants and some insects.
- The experiment is designed to test how astronauts might someday grow plants in space to sustain long-term settlements.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Arranged marriages and Western romantic practices have more in common than we might think.
In his book In Praise of Love (2009), the French communist philosopher Alain Badiou attacks the notion of 'risk-free love', which he sees written in the commercial language of dating services that promise their customers 'love, without falling in love'.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.