Daniel Dennett says we have free will.
Take that HP!
Not sure if any of you have seen his video on consciousness and free will ( http://bigthink.com/ideas/daniel-dennett-explains-consciousness-and-free-will ), but Dennett says he believes humans possess free will. Though I share his belief, his reasoning seems circumspect. What do you think about it? Has he found a loophole in the laws of physics, or is it merely another misguided attempt to allay the fears he mentions.
A large new study uses an online game to inoculate people against fake news.
- Researchers from the University of Cambridge use an online game to inoculate people against fake news.
- The study sample included 15,000 players.
- The scientists hope to use such tactics to protect whole societies against disinformation.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
Many governments do not report, or misreport, the numbers of refugees who enter their country.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.