cures for HIV
Why is it so hard to see that regenerative medicine could regenerate an immune system?
What am I trying to rant about again?
translation: HIV is curable via genomic/regenerative medicine (stem cells) The new cells would make a new immune system.
What are the downsides? A new immune system still has the potential to be weakened by a virus that mutates over time, which means that treatment would perhaps have to be repeated over the course of the patients life.
So is that really better?
Treatments already have to be repeated so many times in the first place, regenerative medicine would already be much more efficient, given the frequency of the treatments.
So many special gay men have already fallen by the wayside due to the government, pharmaceuticals, and insurance. Those are the 3 evil powers keeping people sick. Why have all these industries popped up and stayed around when they're only full of evil.
All I want is to help people.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.