Win a Nokia N82 Prize Package!
I love this kind of film contest – one that focuses on the intersection of positivity, creativity and technology. It’s right up my Alley (digital film guy and all).Â So it’s with great happiness that I’m announcing this contest!
Pangea Day: Uplift the World with Video!\n
The 2008 Nokia Mobile Film Awards are rewarding filmmakers that represent one of four positive themes in a video shot on a mobile phone. The films will be part of Pangea Day, occurring on May 10th. Pangea Day is about promoting peace through familiarity with other cultures, and if you’re not familiar with it you should watch this GREAT presentation on the event from TED).\n
OK, here’s the details:\n
I will judge all entries left in these comments for creativity and originality. The winner will be notified on May 11th and will receive an AWESOME prize package, courtesy of Womworld. The Prize is a Nokia N82 phone, a carrying case, tripod, memory card, headphones and speakers!\n
Here’s the rules:\n
Your video must be shot on a mobile device and be no longer than 2 minutes. It MUST be uploaded to share.ovi.com/pangeaday AND linked in the comments to this blog post. You can pick from the following four topics:\n
- Film an act of kindness. \n
- Film the best part of today. \n
- Film the next thing that makes you smile. \n
- Film the next person to inspire you. \n
That’s it, simple eh? I want to give that phone away to someone – so get cracking on submissions.\n
*UPDATE* I’m sweetening the pot with my own prizes! Along with the awesome prize package, I’ll also give you two free hours of consulting time figuring out a strategy for using mobile video and video promotion to benefit what your goals are AND one free year of RapOuts Premium Promotion.\n
So now the prize package is valued at over $2,000 – get those films in (deadline is April 30th)!!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.