Where is the rebuilding
You know I’ve heard this story a few times, 2 days after The Great Chicago Fire there was an article in the paper that made sure everyone knew that “CHICAGO SHALL RISE AGAIN.” I didn’t see this same reaction with New Orleans, while there was a lot of initial press and social help that has sense died down (including my own effort Project: NOLA, which officially closed doors Dec 31st, 2006), but even right after Katrina I don’t remember hearing the nation shouting “New Orleans is Coming Back,” I do remember an instant debate about the cost-effectiveness of rebuilding.
I’m sick of the disrespect New Orleans has to endure. It’s one of America’s great cities, it’s going to be rebuilt, let’s rebuild it right!
BTW: If you’re thinking about New Orleans, or want to see a new social change method at work, check out the UNOP — one of my favorite groups on the scene.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.