Redpath Seminar: The Future of Asia
On Saturday, I attended The Future of Asia Redpath Seminar. It was an opportunity to learn from some incredible thinkers, I couldn’t have been happier with the mental meal I gorged on.
Inspired by this guy (+ this) and a study that found doodlers actually often have better memory recall, I tried drawing the speakers while taking notes. I’ve never seriously drawn anything in my life, I actually kind of liked it, might try to get better at it.
You might enjoy my summary page which contains some interesting nuggets out of about 15 pages of notes. Here’s the event’s brochure for more data.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.