Jay-Z just joined your board of advisors.
It’s been a Reasonable Doubt day on my headphones. Say what you want about Jay-Z, but this album has some great lines, some of which are applicable to building your startup.\n
Some of you don’t believe me, but Jay is an entrepreneur through and through, and, like any good entrepreneur, he shares his hard won lessons with a younger generation of up-and-comers.\n
To celebrate the end of another great week at Involver, I give you…\n
Eight startup tips from Hova:\n
1. “For the dough I raise, gotta get s**t appraised, no disrespect to you, make sure your word is true.” (Politics as Usual)\n
Ronald Regan said it best: “Trust, but verify.” Your word should be your bond, but it may not be the other guys, do your due diligence.
2. “If every homie in you clique is rich; yo’ clique is rugged. Nobody will fall, cuz everyone will be each others crutches.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Surrounding yourself with people who can pick up the slack when you miss is important. You need to surround yourself with the best people and work to make sure they succeed as well.
3. “Even if ain’t sunny, hey, i ain’t complaining, I’m in the rain doing a buck 40 hyrdroplaning.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Sometimes you gotta play a bad hand, find a way to make the best of the situation. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
4. “Nothing to gain, and a whole lot to loose, you still singing? Fool.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Know when to walk away, not every game is winnable, or even worth playing.
5. “What, you’re broke, what the f**k you gon tell me? (22 Twos)\n
Consider the source of advice, choose carefully who you listen too.
6. “We offer our lives, what do you bring to the table?” (Can I Live)\n
Every entrepreneur should remember this when raising money or working with large partners. You are making the ultimate commitment, don’t let other stakeholders devalue you’re stake because they have the dollars.
7. “I see his hunger pains, I know his blood boils. He wanna, run wit me, I know this kid’ll be loyal.” (Coming of Age)\n
Find hungry proteges and teach them.
8. “The percentage who don’t understand is higher than the percentage who do” (Can I Live 2)\n
No explanation needed.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The famed author headed to the pond thanks to Indian philosophy.
- The famed author was heavily influenced by Indian literature, informing his decision to self-exile on Walden Pond.
- He was introduced to these texts by his good friend's father, William Emerson.
- Yoga philosophy was in America a century before any physical practices were introduced.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
A little goes a long way.
- A recent study from the Department of Health and Human Services found that 80 percent of Americans don't exercise enough.
- Small breaks from work add up, causing experts to recommend short doses of movement rather than waiting to do longer workouts.
- Rethinking what exercise is can help you frame how you move throughout your day.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.