Jay-Z just joined your board of advisors.
It’s been a Reasonable Doubt day on my headphones. Say what you want about Jay-Z, but this album has some great lines, some of which are applicable to building your startup.\n
Some of you don’t believe me, but Jay is an entrepreneur through and through, and, like any good entrepreneur, he shares his hard won lessons with a younger generation of up-and-comers.\n
To celebrate the end of another great week at Involver, I give you…\n
Eight startup tips from Hova:\n
1. “For the dough I raise, gotta get s**t appraised, no disrespect to you, make sure your word is true.” (Politics as Usual)\n
Ronald Regan said it best: “Trust, but verify.” Your word should be your bond, but it may not be the other guys, do your due diligence.
2. “If every homie in you clique is rich; yo’ clique is rugged. Nobody will fall, cuz everyone will be each others crutches.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Surrounding yourself with people who can pick up the slack when you miss is important. You need to surround yourself with the best people and work to make sure they succeed as well.
3. “Even if ain’t sunny, hey, i ain’t complaining, I’m in the rain doing a buck 40 hyrdroplaning.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Sometimes you gotta play a bad hand, find a way to make the best of the situation. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
4. “Nothing to gain, and a whole lot to loose, you still singing? Fool.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Know when to walk away, not every game is winnable, or even worth playing.
5. “What, you’re broke, what the f**k you gon tell me? (22 Twos)\n
Consider the source of advice, choose carefully who you listen too.
6. “We offer our lives, what do you bring to the table?” (Can I Live)\n
Every entrepreneur should remember this when raising money or working with large partners. You are making the ultimate commitment, don’t let other stakeholders devalue you’re stake because they have the dollars.
7. “I see his hunger pains, I know his blood boils. He wanna, run wit me, I know this kid’ll be loyal.” (Coming of Age)\n
Find hungry proteges and teach them.
8. “The percentage who don’t understand is higher than the percentage who do” (Can I Live 2)\n
No explanation needed.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
China's Chang'e 4 biosphere experiment marks a first for humankind.
- China's Chang'e 4 lunar lander touched down on the far side of the moon on January 3.
- In addition to a lunar rover, the lander carried a biosphere experiment that contains five sets of plants and some insects.
- The experiment is designed to test how astronauts might someday grow plants in space to sustain long-term settlements.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Arranged marriages and Western romantic practices have more in common than we might think.
In his book In Praise of Love (2009), the French communist philosopher Alain Badiou attacks the notion of 'risk-free love', which he sees written in the commercial language of dating services that promise their customers 'love, without falling in love'.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.