Jay-Z just joined your board of advisors.
It’s been a Reasonable Doubt day on my headphones. Say what you want about Jay-Z, but this album has some great lines, some of which are applicable to building your startup.\n
Some of you don’t believe me, but Jay is an entrepreneur through and through, and, like any good entrepreneur, he shares his hard won lessons with a younger generation of up-and-comers.\n
To celebrate the end of another great week at Involver, I give you…\n
Eight startup tips from Hova:\n
1. “For the dough I raise, gotta get s**t appraised, no disrespect to you, make sure your word is true.” (Politics as Usual)\n
Ronald Regan said it best: “Trust, but verify.” Your word should be your bond, but it may not be the other guys, do your due diligence.
2. “If every homie in you clique is rich; yo’ clique is rugged. Nobody will fall, cuz everyone will be each others crutches.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Surrounding yourself with people who can pick up the slack when you miss is important. You need to surround yourself with the best people and work to make sure they succeed as well.
3. “Even if ain’t sunny, hey, i ain’t complaining, I’m in the rain doing a buck 40 hyrdroplaning.” (Feelin’ It)
Sometimes you gotta play a bad hand, find a way to make the best of the situation. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
4. “Nothing to gain, and a whole lot to loose, you still singing? Fool.” (Feelin’ It)\n
Know when to walk away, not every game is winnable, or even worth playing.
5. “What, you’re broke, what the f**k you gon tell me? (22 Twos)\n
Consider the source of advice, choose carefully who you listen too.
6. “We offer our lives, what do you bring to the table?” (Can I Live)\n
Every entrepreneur should remember this when raising money or working with large partners. You are making the ultimate commitment, don’t let other stakeholders devalue you’re stake because they have the dollars.
7. “I see his hunger pains, I know his blood boils. He wanna, run wit me, I know this kid’ll be loyal.” (Coming of Age)\n
Find hungry proteges and teach them.
8. “The percentage who don’t understand is higher than the percentage who do” (Can I Live 2)\n
No explanation needed.
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.