I’m creating a commercial right now for the fourth project at my film school. It’s a standard 30 second spot and is centered around helping people find out what’s happening at night. I’m taking a non-conventional slant for distribution, instead of having a client who collaborates on the project I’m making my best guess at what the market wants. There is a certain risk associated with getting a commercial which is if you don’t pick the right filmmaker you don’t get what you want. If I can remove this risk and deliver a concrete product instead of a dream there may be a market that could be captured there. This is my flagship test into this idea and I’m excited to see how it goes. There are some variables in terms of creating the right product so that it fits the markets needs, I will figure those out soon (hopefully). Until then, this project has been a whole bucket of fun.
We filmed Friday, in an extraordinarily tight time frame (good work cast/crew!), my first project with DP George Manatos made me ecstatic. He’s extraordinary… glad to be working with him. We filmed in the Dogpatch and it was great to get some visuals in the “real” San Francisco. The historic district offers both community and industry in a well oiled package that would be circa 1930 if it weren’t for the excellent design elements that have been added in the mean time and the brand new T-Line. It’s simply beautiful. I’ll be sure to post the footage once it’s done.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.