Awareness 2 Action
I attended a pretty awesome event last night thrown by one of our all-star advisors, Sundeep Ahuja. It was called awareness2action, and had about 50 attendees from some of the best non-profits and people in the related ecosystem. Amonst the companies represented and sharing best practices?
SocialVibe, Involver, eBay Giving Works and Cause-related Programs, Kiva, NetImpact, MokuGift, Room to Read, World of Good (an eBay community), Better World Books, CauseCast, Change.org and VCs from Greylock and DFJ.
Should you have been there? email me!
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Be glad your name isn't attached to any of these bad ideas.
- Some inventions can be celebrated during their time, but are proven to be devastating in the long run.
- The inventions doesn't have to be physical. Complex mathematical creations that create money for Wall Street can do as much damage, in theory, as a gas that destroys the ozone layer.
- Inventors can even see their creations be used for purposes far different than they had intended.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.