A special sneak-peek for you in celebration of July 4th
Happy 4th of July! Today’s a fantastic day to hang with friends, watch fireworks, dance until 4am, and engage in all sorts of merriment.
Before I head out to do just that, I wanted to share something with you. Over a year ago I made a film that should never have seen the light of day. Countless near misses with City Officials ($4000+ filming fees, mountains of permits/etc., police harassment), hours of footage accidentally and irrevocably deleted, and almost unusable sound. Add those issues to the fact that I started and shuttered a company and started full-time with Involver less than 2 months after shooting was wrapped on this film and you can see why I’d buried this as the project that was destined to remain unfinished.\n
Due to some encouragement from the lead actress, and countless hours of basically pro-bono work from the film’s editor, it is actually going to get a shot at being seen. Can’t tell you how happy I am for this.\n
This film was written at a dark point, a place where I was unhappy with almost everything other than my art (and even then I was mostly unhappy about that). Looking back on it from today, I think it contains a valuable message, an idea that one can cling to in hardship and float to safety on. Your road may not be well-marked or well-understood, but you can still take it. Remember: “highways lead to where you don’t wanna be.”\n
I hope you’ll enjoy this *very rough* clip of Divergent Roads that I submit for your viewing pleasure:
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.