Create an Idea
1) You can respond to an existing idea by clicking "Respond to this Idea", which posts your response to that discussion thread.\n\n2) Click on "Create an Idea" on the bottom of the site index (on the left-hand side of the screen), or on your profile page. This will bring you to the idea creation page, where you can submit your idea as either a statement or question.\na. Classify your idea. Is it a statement or question?\nb. Enter a brief description of what your idea is about. This will appear as text next to whatever media you upload.\nc. Does your idea address the meta or the physical (see below)? Pick a category and any subcategories to which your idea applies.\nd. Add any keywords that will help users find your idea. Separate them with commas.\ne. Pick a time period. It can be a specific date, decade, century, or present-day.\nf. Click next.\ng. Upload your video, slideshow (with or without sound), audio or text files.\nh. Click save.\ni. Wait for the rejoinders!\n
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.