Courage. What does one think of when they hear this word? To some it is going above and beyond the call of duty for an important cause. To others it is facing one's fears and overcoming them. To me courage involves three characteristics: Faith, Strength, and Self-Sacrifice. Having faith means that one can overcome what they are facing if they believe in their beliefs. In order to have strength one needs to have faith because it is faith that gives someone their true inner strength. Then finally, self-sacrifice. Having this means that you are willing to go to great lengths in facing what needs to be overcome not only for yourself but for others. If any one of these in lacking, then a person does not have courage.
To me, this says a lot. I think that Field Marshall Manstein sums it up fairly well when he said "strength in character and inner fortitude are decisive factors."
To overcome the hardships in life takes a lot of courage. If you have a lot of courage, that says a lot about who you are.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.