Courage. What does one think of when they hear this word? To some it is going above and beyond the call of duty for an important cause. To others it is facing one's fears and overcoming them. To me courage involves three characteristics: Faith, Strength, and Self-Sacrifice. Having faith means that one can overcome what they are facing if they believe in their beliefs. In order to have strength one needs to have faith because it is faith that gives someone their true inner strength. Then finally, self-sacrifice. Having this means that you are willing to go to great lengths in facing what needs to be overcome not only for yourself but for others. If any one of these in lacking, then a person does not have courage.
To me, this says a lot. I think that Field Marshall Manstein sums it up fairly well when he said "strength in character and inner fortitude are decisive factors."
To overcome the hardships in life takes a lot of courage. If you have a lot of courage, that says a lot about who you are.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
- Oumuamua, a quarter-mile long asteroid tumbling through space, is Hawaiian for "scout", or "the first of many".
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.