Could the Brain be Our Spirit in Physical Form?
We live in a universe of physicalities, that's because that is all that we can understand, process, and measure with our limited view. I mean we share 98.5% of our DNA with monkeys, we can't be that advanced evolution-wise. So therefore with everyone being on the same page physical-wise science is leading the way to explaining the universe that we see. Many people have hopped on board with science just because it brings answers as to how our universe works.
But people are capable of things beyond the physical, dreams, deja vu, love, understanding, and gaining knowledge. Those aren't very physical and yet they manifest in the brain. Could the brain be the spirit in physical form?
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.