Could Bush & Cheney be tried for war crimes by an international court?Executed?
There seems little doubt, now, that the current administration deliberately lied to everyone to illegally declare war on Iraq. Hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians have since died as a direct result of this deliberate tapestry of deceit. No, I wasn't foolish enough to vote for them, but I and many betrayed Americans want justice. Is there any circumstances that would force them to accept a judgement from an international court? Or are they forever protected from extradition because they "served" our country as President & Vice-President? Is there any way our nation itself could attempt to right these terrible wrongs? Perhaps I have already tried & convicted these two. Fact is, they had lots of co-conspirators. What about all our own soldiers who have died and continue to die in an unnecessary war. I know there are millions in my beloved country who feel as I do. I am proud to be an American, but ashamed of what this Presidency has done and continues to do. I feel absolutely Patriotic to be writing this!!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.