Cory Booker's "Moral Imagination" Speech
Political engagement and social justice were the themes of a speech Newark Mayor Cory Booker delivered at Duke yesterday.
“So many of us resign ourselves to what is; we begin to have a lack of moral imagination,” Booker told a crowded audience in the Sanford Institute’s Fleishman Commons. “We are so much more capable of becoming the society we want to achieve. What you may not know about Booker is that "Street Fight, a documentary film about his unsuccessful 2002 mayoral campaign against an incumbent later convicted of corruption, was nominated for an Academy Award."
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
In a breakthrough for nuclear fusion research, scientists at China's Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor have produced temperatures necessary for nuclear fusion on Earth.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- Still, scientists have many other obstacles to pass before fusion technology becomes a viable energy source.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.