Conditions of employment
Following up on yesterday's post, many school districts have taken great care to define the essential duties and responsibilities of employees' jobs (typically for legal, rather than educational, purposes). For example, here are job descriptions for a teacher and a principal:
- Teacher (East Otero School District, CO)
How many of you work in a school or district that has clearly and explicitly outlined technology usage expectations for teachers and/or administrators in its job descriptions? Should a school organization do this? If so, how might such expectations be worded?
1 year ago: Future of learning manifesto
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
- Oumuamua, a quarter-mile long asteroid tumbling through space, is Hawaiian for "scout", or "the first of many".
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.