The billionaire entrepreneur predicts the rise of technology will soon force society to rethink the modern work week.
- Branson made the argument in a recent blog post published on the Virgin website.
- The 40-hour work week stems from labor laws created in the early 20th century, and many have said this model is becoming increasingly obsolete.
- The average American currently works 47 hours per week, on average.
It was captured by the Parker Solar Probe, which is currently studying the star.
- NASA's Parker Solar Probe is currently traveling closer to the sun than any other spacecraft before it.
- The probe is recording data on the star to help scientists learn more about the star and its volatile nature.
- Also this week, NASA released the first images of its Mars InSight lander taken from space.
The Geminid meteor shower grows more intense with every year, and it's expected to be particularly bright in 2018.
- Look up at the skies from 2 to 7:30 a.m. on December 14 to see the most meteors.
- To get the best view, travel away from city lights, avoid looking at your phone and let your eyes adjust to the dark.
- Stargazers might also be able to catch a glimpse of a comet making a rare appearance, NASA astronomers say.
The rocket reached an altitude of 51 miles, meeting the Federal Aviation Administration's definition of space.
- The rocket, dubbed SpaceShipTwo, reached an altitude of 51 miles on Thursday.
- Virgin Galactic hopes to soon transport space tourists into the atmosphere on the rocket.
- The successful test is a landmark for Virgin Galactic, which has seen its fair share of setbacks since it was founded in 2004.
Stephen Johnson is a St. Louis-based writer whose work has appeared in U.S. News & World Report, The Huffington Post, Eleven Magazine, Cheapism, Vox Magazine, The Missourian and other publications.