Run across water? Sure. No problem.
- Scientists analyze how geckos do something they shouldn't be able to do... walk (well, run like heck) across water.
- They can race over water nearly as fast as on land.
- Their method may look crazy... but it works. And humans could potentially do the same.
Maybe you both need a time-out.
Tiny bubbles talk photosynthesis.
- During photosynthesis, algae produces a symphony of little "pings."
- The sounds are produced by oxygen bubbles breaking away from the plants.
- Monitoring reef health through its sound is a new avenue for acoustic ecology.
A new study warns of millions of "lost Einsteins".
- A new study reveals the economic class from which most U.S. inventors come.
- Wealth, race, and gender are all factors in innovation.
- Exposure to innovators and inventions in childhood can bridge the gap.
I’m a writer, musician, and father living in the very upper Midwest with my wife, two daughters, three cats, and countless questions. I’m especially interested in animal rights, creativity, politics, the nature of things and time, and in making a worthwhile contribution. You can follow me @everyrobby.