Sometimes doing nothing means everything.
- Meditation can have a profound impact in reducing anxiety and stress.
- While there are many ways to meditate, the ability to sustain your attention on one thing for a period of time is the foundation of them all.
- The more you practice, the more results you get, though quality of time is more important than quantity
A new study from Oregon State University makes it clear: it's you.
- Researchers discovered that the more attention you give a cat, the more likely they are to return it.
- Cats are territorial; being in their home environment greatly affects their attitude.
- The common wisdom that cats are aloof is provably false.
It may create the conditions for further inequality.
- The Danish government is building nine artificial islands known as Holmene off the coast of Hvidovre.
- The 33 million square feet of new land will house 380 businesses and 170 acres of parkland, creating 30,000 new jobs.
- Local residents fear this project will alienate the middle class while disrupting traffic and public transportation systems in nearby Copenhagen.
Florida researchers offer schools a simple message: Send home report cards earlier in the week.
- Researchers discovered a four-fold increase in verified cases of child abuse when report cards were sent home on Friday as compared to other days.
- Corporal punishment is legal throughout America, including in many public and most private schools.
- A child is hit, on average, every 30 seconds in American public schools.