It happens every few years. Not just in Greece, but also parts of the United States.
- Aitoliko, in Western Greece is the town these images are from.
- Tetragnatha is the genus — known as "stretch spiders" because of their elongated bodies.
- They can run faster on water than on land. Don't panic, though: they will be gone in days.
It deploys nets to capture useless space junk.
- It's a prototype but the test just conducted has proven its viability.
- It was designed by the University of Surrey Space Centre.
- The video below demonstrates how it works.
It's been de rigueur for at least 50 years that a daily, small dose of aspirin helps prevent heart attacks. However...
- The study involved 20,000 people, over 5 years.
- Results were just published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Side effects — among them, bleeding and cancer — are raised in those taking aspirin, and the benefits don't outweigh the risks for mostly-healthy adults.
It's all the rage right now after the Paleo and keto diet sensations took the world by storm. But is it healthy?
- The meat-only diet is being promoted a lot by people with right-wing political biases.
- Until the science is studied and proven, caution is the best approach.
- Balance, balance, balance. Have I mentioned balance?
Brandon Weber has been writing and creating viral joy on the Innerwebz for over 7 years at Upworthy, The Progressive, Big Think, and more. His book on forgotten histories of unions, working people, veterans, and other marginalized people is available on Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Powell's.