Cognitive scince will save humanity by learning how we think socially.
The convergence of human biology, especially neuroscience, imaging, psychology, sociology, political science, number theory of chaos and emergence and meme studies will lead to a vast and fine understanding of how we cooperate and how we compete, the pressures of status and sexual selection, and the effects of demagoguery on crowds.
From these studies, we may find ways to open borders, fairly distribute goods and services while lessening greed, and educate children without poisoning their young minds with non-evidence-based thinking patterns.
There likely isn't a God gene, but there seems to be a cooperative network in the brain, a competitive module, empathy neurons, imitation and joy in common labor both mental and physical.
We should sell the joy, and shun the institutionalization of personal explanations of how the mind came from the universe. Maybe peace will come.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
The best-selling author tells us his methods.
- James Patterson has sold 300 million copies of his 130 books, making him one of the most successful authors alive today.
- He talks about how some writers can overdo it by adding too much research, or worse, straying from their outline for too long.
- James' latest book, The President is Missing, co-written with former President Bill Clinton, is out now.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
- The 2018 WHCA ended in controversy after comedian Michelle Wolf made jokes some considered to be offensive.
- The WHCA apologized for Wolf's jokes, though some journalists and many comedians backed the comedian and decried arguments in favor of limiting the types of speech permitted at the event.
- Ron Chernow, who penned a bestselling biography of Alexander Hamilton, will speak at next year's dinner.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.