Church or no Church? That is the question.
How can the Church serve you?
Now I know that there are a bunch of different beliefs out there and so I just want to address this from an open minded standpoint. No matter what your belief on the issue, what would you like to see the church, or even better, the members of the church do in order to serve you? Whether you agree with it or not, Christians are called to serve people, no matter what their beliefs or lack there of. I know a lot of Christians really don't seem to have any heart to serve other people, and come across as stuck up and stubborn. I will totally back you up in saying this is wrong, but I want to know how can the people of the church serve you where you are at in your life? For me, I would say that the people of the church can do a better job of welcoming anyone, being open minded and loving to everyone. I just want to hear your thoughts.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.