Christian Plagiarism, part 2
more info on Xtian syncretic traditions, or theft if you prefer.
This is the link to part 1 of an excellant documentary series by British theologian and Christian Robert Beckford.
In it he goes on a quest which reveals every single Xtian belief has it's origins in pre-existing religions, from Krishna 3000 years before Jesus to Buddha, 400 years prior.
The Jesus story does not have a single exclusive concept it can truly call it's own... don't take my word for it, watch a Xtian academic explain it all.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.