To the world God’s word is foolishness; to God’s people the worlds knowledge is elementary. Isaiah 55:8-9 states: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." This scripture firmly entrenches in my heart that the LORD God in his Word declares all things knowable to the Christian. If one is ministering in El Salvador one can’t expect not to learn the native tongue. As challenging as it is to learn a new language, it is the job of the minister not the subject. Those who don’t know Christ don’t know what they don’t know. Christ is the redeemer and savior of souls. He is so far beyond our ways that by ignoring the rabbit holes the enemy lies people into following, we only hurt the mission Christ gave us. The charge from our Lord and scripture was to go out and teach the gentiles not ignore their knowledge and deem it foolish. Nothing is new under the sun as Ecclesiastes scripture points out. Therefore, then Christians, it is our duty to learn the world’s knowledge and show Christ’s infinite wisdom above all others.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Scientists working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) devised a method for trapping dark matter particles.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.