Cheetah is a four-legged robot that has attained the highest land speeds yet of any robot with legs.
The Cheetah, developed by Boston Dynamics, mimics the movements of the real animal and uses hydraulic pumps and a boom to get it running. A free-running version is slated for tests later this year, and Boston Dynamics also makes other robots which can carry heavy loads and carry out surveillance, creating the potential to aid the handicapped and to enhance our collective security.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
- The research raises many ethical questions and puts to the test our current understanding of death.
What's dead may never die, it seems
An ethical gray matter
The dilemma is unprecedented.
Setting new boundaries
Some back story
A Dunbar Correlation
Professor Dunbar's response:
Friendship, kinship and limitations
Gray matter matters
There is an eclectic list of reasons why compassion may collapse, irrespective of sheer numbers:
In the end
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.