Cardiac assist device
Using trans epidermal nervous stimulation by way of an elastic sleeve and computer it is possible to create a peristaltic wave in the skeletal muscles. This, along with the valves in veins would assist the heart. Seen as effective for assist after auto collision when chest damage precludes traditional CPR..or possibly PAD
The idea would be a lattice of connections and sensors with discrete firing of random points. This followed by computer analysis of physical response of individual and mapping of their musculature. Finally the pre-programmed peristaltic motion would be simulated.
ANY first responder could easily apply these sleeves to each limb and click go. Not researcehd but certainly an help...perhaps enough to delay brain damage ...and the hardware is so very very cheap!
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face"
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Bernardo Kastrup proposes a new ontology he calls “idealism” built on panpsychism, the idea that everything in the universe contains consciousness. He solves problems with this philosophy by adding a new suggestion: The universal mind has dissociative identity disorder.
There’s a reason they call it the “hard problem.” Consciousness: Where is it? What is it? No one single perspective seems to be able to answer all the questions we have about consciousness. Now Bernardo Kastrup thinks he’s found one. He calls his ontology idealism, and according to idealism, all of us and all we perceive are manifestations of something very much like a cosmic-scale dissociative identity disorder (DID). He suggests there’s an all-encompassing universe-wide consciousness, it has multiple personalities, and we’re them.
Firefighters in California are still struggling to contain several wildfires nearly one week after they broke out.
- Hundreds of people are still missing after three wildfires spread across Northern and Southern California last week.
- 48 of the 50 deaths occurred after the Camp Fire blazed through the town of Paradise, north of Sacramento.
- On Tuesday night, a fourth wildfire broke out, though it's mostly contained.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.