Can two thousand years of scriptural exegesis be completely wrong?
Two thousands years ago, after both his own people and the Gentiles refused obedience to his Promise in sufficient numbers, God set a trap for highest of human pretensions and hubris with the Bible and other scriptural materials. He then stood back from human history. Not only is the bible incomplete, but is not a revelation and cannot be 'interpreted' by anyone without a revelation. Thus do dogma, doctrine and fundamentalism exist. That being said, the end times begin by the exposure of 2000 years of reasoned ignorance called theology and tradition, the measure of just how far humankind can stray from truth by the debasement of the human condition called the Stain of Orginal sin.
Exposed by the first living and testable proof of God for faith to exist in human history. the first ever viable religious conception capable of leading reason, by faith, to universal, observable consequences and direct evidence which can be tested and judged for its reality.
As Dante wrote:
For as I turned there greeted mine likewise
What all behold who contemplate aright
that's heaven's revolution through the skies.
Already starting: http://www.energon.org.uk
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
You can say 'no' to things, and you should. Do it like this.
- Give yourself permission to say "no" to things. Saying yes to everything is a fast way to burn out.
- Learn to say no in a way that keeps the door of opportunity open: No should never be a one-word answer. Say "No, but I could do this instead," or, "No, but let me connect you to someone who can help."
- If you really want to say yes but can't manage another commitment, try qualifiers like "yes, if," or "yes, after."
Three scientists publish a paper proving that Mercury, not Venus, is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbor must be planet two or four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
- Three scientists ran the numbers. In this YouTube video, one of them explains why our nearest neighbor is... Mercury!
Neuroscience research suggests it might be time to rethink our ideas about when exactly a child becomes an adult.
- Research suggests that most human brains take about 25 years to develop, though these rates can vary among men and women, and among individuals.
- Although the human brain matures in size during adolescence, important developments within the prefrontal cortex and other regions still take pace well into one's 20s.
- The findings raise complex ethical questions about the way our criminal justice systems punishes criminals in their late teens and early 20s.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.