Can Intention Create Matter From Potential?
Example: I intended to have a wife and two kids. A week after being married we found out we were going to have a child. After asking for a healthy baby I asked for a boy first then a girl a couple of years later. I now have two healthy kids a boy and a girl 29 months apart.
I don't ask for much, but I usually get what I ask for.
Does thinking, visualizing, imagining, meditating, requesting, have an influence on directing potential? Does a mind with more energy, or focus, have greater influence on potential? And if this is true, is there any moral obligations associated with such knowledge?
Thank you in advance for your intelligent comments.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.