California allows medical marijuana but employers can fire you for using it.
How is it that no one has said a word about this? The supreme court has determined that people using marijuana for medical purposes are not protected from being fired from their employer because it is in their system. According to the supreme court decision, people should only be using medical marijuana if they are unemployed.
So many people suffer from chronic pain day in and day out, some of these people cannot take painkillers for long periods of time without dependence or intestinal problems. Use of marijuana for chronic pain works extremely well and only has mild side effects when compared to opiates.
Other then pain medical marijuana is also used to treat many more conditions such as: depression, glaucoma, eating disorders, insomnia, nausea, and others. Doctors are most likely to prescribe the drug that works best for each patient. Medical marijuana is not always the best for each situation, but if a doctor determines that marijuana is best for your situation then shouldn't that patient be protected from termination, withen reason.
The Russian-built FEDOR was launched on a mission to help ISS astronauts.
Most people think human extinction would be bad. These people aren't philosophers.
- A new opinion piece in The New York Times argues that humanity is so horrible to other forms of life that our extinction wouldn't be all that bad, morally speaking.
- The author, Dr. Todd May, is a philosopher who is known for advising the writers of The Good Place.
- The idea of human extinction is a big one, with lots of disagreement on its moral value.
Picking up where we left off a year ago, a conversation about the homeostatic imperative as it plays out in everything from bacteria to pharmaceutical companies—and how the marvelous apparatus of the human mind also gets us into all kinds of trouble.
- "Prior to nervous systems: no mind, no consciousness, no intention in the full sense of the term. After nervous systems, gradually we ascend to this possibility of having to this possibility of having minds, having consciousness, and having reasoning that allows us to arrive at some of these very interesting decisions."
- "We are fragile culturally and socially…but life is fragile to begin with. All that it takes is a little bit of bad luck in the management of those supports, and you're cooked…you can actually be cooked—with global warming!"