California allows medical marijuana but employers can fire you for using it.
How is it that no one has said a word about this? The supreme court has determined that people using marijuana for medical purposes are not protected from being fired from their employer because it is in their system. According to the supreme court decision, people should only be using medical marijuana if they are unemployed.
So many people suffer from chronic pain day in and day out, some of these people cannot take painkillers for long periods of time without dependence or intestinal problems. Use of marijuana for chronic pain works extremely well and only has mild side effects when compared to opiates.
Other then pain medical marijuana is also used to treat many more conditions such as: depression, glaucoma, eating disorders, insomnia, nausea, and others. Doctors are most likely to prescribe the drug that works best for each patient. Medical marijuana is not always the best for each situation, but if a doctor determines that marijuana is best for your situation then shouldn't that patient be protected from termination, withen reason.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A disturbing interview given by a KGB defector in 1984 describes America of today and outlines four stages of mass brainwashing used by the KGB.
- Bezmenov described this process as "a great brainwashing" which has four basic stages.
- The first stage is called "demoralization" which takes from 15 to 20 years to achieve.
- According to the former KGB agent, that is the minimum number of years it takes to re-educate one generation of students that is normally exposed to the ideology of its country.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.