California allows medical marijuana but employers can fire you for using it.
How is it that no one has said a word about this? The supreme court has determined that people using marijuana for medical purposes are not protected from being fired from their employer because it is in their system. According to the supreme court decision, people should only be using medical marijuana if they are unemployed.
So many people suffer from chronic pain day in and day out, some of these people cannot take painkillers for long periods of time without dependence or intestinal problems. Use of marijuana for chronic pain works extremely well and only has mild side effects when compared to opiates.
Other then pain medical marijuana is also used to treat many more conditions such as: depression, glaucoma, eating disorders, insomnia, nausea, and others. Doctors are most likely to prescribe the drug that works best for each patient. Medical marijuana is not always the best for each situation, but if a doctor determines that marijuana is best for your situation then shouldn't that patient be protected from termination, withen reason.
Universities claim to prepare students for the world. How many actually do it?
- Many university mission statements do not live up to their promise, writes Ben Nelson, founder of Minerva, a university designed to develop intellect over content memorization.
- The core competencies that students need for success—critical thinking, communication, problem solving, and cross-cultural understanding, for example—should be intentionally taught, not left to chance.
- These competencies can be summed up with one word: wisdom. True wisdom is the ability to apply one's knowledge appropriately when faced with novel situations.
This is what the world will look like, 250 million years from now
To us humans, the shape and location of oceans and continents seems fixed. But that's only because our lives are so short.
SpaceX's momentous Crew Dragon launch is a sign of things to come for the space industry, and humanity's future.
- SpaceX was founded in 2002 and was an industry joke for many years. Eighteen years later, it is the first private company to launch astronauts to the International Space Station.
- Today, SpaceX's Crew Dragon launched NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to the ISS. The journey will take about 19 hours.
- Dylan Taylor, chairman and CEO of Voyager Space Holdings, looks at SpaceX's journey from startup to a commercial space company with the operating power of a nation-state.
A new study may help us better understand how children build social cognition through caregiver interaction.
Researchers at UT Southwestern noted a 47 percent increase in blood flow to regions associated with memory.