Bridging the gap with.... PowerPoint?
Every week day I receive the ASCD SmartBrief in my e-mail inbox. Usually it's an excellent overview of some key stories that are happening in K-12 education across the country. However, here's part of the SmartBrief that I received yesterday:
The SmartBrief blurb was linked to the actual Indianapolis Star article, which described a district's technology-focused staff development day. It sounds like the actual event was a little more comprehensive than what the SmartBrief made it seem. Thank goodness. For a moment I was afraid there was a district out there that actually thought it was going to bridge the technology gap between teachers and students by teaching faculty how to use PowerPoint!
Interesting how the SmartBrief writer framed it, though...
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.