BlogBall08 - The playoffs begin!
The first season of edublogger fantasy baseball is nearing its conclusion. Dr. Jon Becker of Educational Insanity ran away with the league, despite many of us his questioning his sanity as he added and dropped Billy Butler from his roster multiple time over the season (there's apparently a real love-hate relationship there). Poor Chris Higgins of Mr. Higgins' Blog spent much of the season holding down the twelfth spot and Chris Lehmann at Practical Theory made a heroic charge in the last week to squeak into the sixth and final slot for the playoffs. Here are the final regular season standings:
The playoffs have now begun. Here is the bracket for the top six teams vying for the championship:
And here is the consolation bracket for the rest of the teams:
Good luck, everyone!
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Prejudice is typically perpetrated against 'the other', i.e. a group outside our own.
- But ageism is prejudice against ourselves — at least, the people we will (hopefully!) become.
- Different generations needs to cooperate now more than ever to solve global problems.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
- The team observed an ultra-rare particle interaction that reveals the half-life of a xenon-124 atom to be 18 sextillion years.
- The half-life of a process is how long it takes for half of the radioactive nuclei present in a sample to decay.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.