The Unintentional Erosion of Privacy
Vint Cerf, one of "the fathers of the Internet," discusses one of the unintended consequences of his creation - the erosion of privacy.
In the video below, Vint Cerf, one of "the fathers of the Internet," discusses one of the unintended consequences of his creation - the erosion of privacy.
This video is courtesy of XPRIZE Insights, a video series that highlights leading thinkers of our time. Subscribe here.
A new AI-produced commercial from Lexus shows how AI might be particularly suited for the advertising industry.
- The commercial was written by IBM's Watson. It was acted and directed by humans.
- Lexus says humans played a minimal part in influencing Watson, in terms of the writing.
- Advertising, with its clearly defined goals and troves of data, seems like one creative field in which AI would prove particularly useful.
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
Then again, maybe the study is fake news too.
- Recent research challenged study participants to pick real news headlines from fake ones.
- The results showed that people prone to delusional thinking, religious fundamentalists, and dogmatists tended to believe all news, regardless of plausibility.
- What can you do to protect yourself and others from fake news?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.